Saturday, November 15, 2008

A new chapter in life

Time to start a new chapter in my life, it is time for me to become a blogger. I have been putting it off for a while; well, no more excuses here I go! I want to start off this blog with the reason I am doing this.

I was recently on my way to work and was praying. I was praying for the persecuted Church in the world. I was thanking God for giving them boldness in the face of their persecutors, and for their sacrifice for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was convicted while praying, these Christians who face danger EVERYDAY still share the Gospel, even to their persecutors,even while they are killed, beaten, raped, homes destroyed, and humiliated! Here is the contrast: when I "make a stand" the persecution I get is teasing, mockery, and maybe hurt or lost relationships. I have to freedom (for now) to proclaim Jesus Christ and not have to worry about being arrested, beaten, or even killed.

What have I been doing this past year for the Lord? Do my friends know that I have been regenerated, that I am a different person now? I think of what our Savior did on the Cross for all sinners, what is my life as a sacrifice in comparison? I believe as Christians we need to draw a line in the sand, we need to show the world that we are different. We need to proclaim the Word of God. First and foremost, the Good News of Salvation though Jesus Christ. We need to base our world view on the Bible and proclaim what it says about the issues of today.

This is why I created this blog. I am going to post my take on things going on in the world. I am going to do my best at being as Biblical as I can in my responses. If anyone thinks that I may be off base, especially Biblically, I would love to here from you. I want to be kept accountable.

I am excited to start this new endeavor and look forward to comments, good and bad!


--The Wretch

3 comments:

Jenn Marshall said...

Yay! Matt's blogging, now!

I think it's wonderful what you're doing, here and I'm behind you 110%. I have seen you learn and grow spiritually so much in the last year and I know you have much to say and share. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

I love you, I am very proud of you, and I am blessed to have you by my side. :)

Wretched Sinner said...

Awesome looking site! I look forward to reading your posts! Blog away brother, blog away!
-W.S.

Samuel Watterson said...

Love the John Piper preach! Praise God for faithful preachers who are not ashamed to make known the beautiful Gospel of grace which is so offensive to the totally depraved and fallen mankind. And praise God that we can now see beauty. I look forward to reading your posts.

God bless you.

Post a Comment

Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, or failure to give
the name "God" or "Jesus" capitals, will be deleted. I want to hear your comments, so please keep them clean.