Monday, January 18, 2010

A Question and Evangelism Opportunity



I just found out on Sunday that my pastor has nominated me head the outreach for a billboard campaign. The billboards have the above image on it. This is a daunting task for me, I can't help but say that I am nervous. Not only do I have to swallow my own fear, but I need to try and organize some people to go out with me, and if need be give some training! I would certainly not consider myself a teacher, much less an organizer. Please pray that I cast my cares upon the Lord and trust in Him fully. Also pray that God moves in the hearts of those around me to join with me and go out to share the Gospel with those who are perishing!

Thank you for your prayers!

I believe that the above question is an important question. This question I think separates people. A lot of people know the basics of Jesus, but just who do they believe He is? Is YOUR understanding correct and just what would your understanding of who Jesus is be? Consider these verses:

John 8:58-59 (English Standard Version)

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

John 10:30-33 (English Standard Version)

"I and the Father are one."
The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?" The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."


1 John 5:9-12 (English Standard Version)
If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater, for this is the testimony of God that he has borne concerning his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

2 John 1:9 (English Standard Version)

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, or failure to give
the name "God" or "Jesus" capitals, will be deleted. I want to hear your comments, so please keep them clean.